Publications & Consultancies
SRIC has been contracted by various organizations to undertake short and long term research projects as well as capacity building activities, the major ones of which are highlighted here-below.
- Involved in Conflict Analysis titled: "Conflict dynamics in Isiolo, Samburu East and Marsabit South districts of Kenya". This report was published by UNDP under- Amani Papers: Volume 1 No.3 June 2010.
- National mapping on the extent of the proliferation and misuse of illicit small arms and light weapons (SALW) and subsequent development of National Action Plans (NAPs) for Tanzania (2001), Uganda (2003), Kenya (2004, 2011), Burundi (2005), Rwanda (2006) through the Regional Centre on Small Arms (RECSA).
- Kenya Police: Specialized Training for Diplomatic, Tourist and Airport Police Units (2007). This was a Governance, Justice, Law and Order Sector (GJLOS) Reforms Programme.
- Development of the "The Kenya Police Reforms Framework" (2005).
- Technical assistance in the formulation and development of the Kenya Peacebuilding & Small Arms Draft Policy documents - NSC and KNFP
- Establishment and training of District Peace Committees - NSC
- Establishment and training of Provincial Task Forces - KNFP
- Formulation of National Action Plans (NAPs)on SALWs for Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda